Thursday, July 9, 2009

About Me

About me:
I am a 26 year old Work At Home Mother to 3 beautiful girls (ages 5, 4, and 20 months), with another on the way. We actually do not yet know what we are having as appointments have been difficult to schedule with a cross country move to an area not covered by our insurance until Hubby was officially retired from the Navy. We are due with #4 October 23rd.

I will have slow weeks and busy weeks with family and the pregnancy. My back freaks out now and then due to having large babies and donating bone marrow last may to a baby boy, so some stockings are bigger than others depending on family and health.
We also just finished a rather large move across country from San Diego to Down East Maine. We took a month traveling across country and visiting family. When we got here our last renters had destroyed the place completely and we had a HUGE mess to clean and repair. We literally have an all new inside to the house, walls, parts of ceilings, all the flooring, counters, cupboards, appliances, paint, you name it! It was a tremendous project and we pulled it off in a month.

Another snafu in the business area is the lack of technology in my area of the booneys. I love living in the sticks, but it’s proving difficult to maintain the same level of communication and technology that I had in San Diego. On my road in particular I cannot use an ATT connect card, satellite internet or any other means of high-speed. Dial-up costs about $50 on the cheap end once I add a house line (that we really don’t need) and the cheapest dial-up I can find. Even the “high speed satellite” at my mother’s house takes FOREVER when uploading pics to photobucket. Currently I am using a lap top and the local library Wi-Fi connection. This is working out ok for me as I will have to drive past the library twice a day anyway when taking my 4 year old to preschool. One hitch however, shipping. I thought I could just copy and paste a label thru paypal and print it when I got home, doesn’t work that way. I’m going to try click and ship and see if that works, if not I’ll have to set days where I actually go into the library (vs. sitting in my truck while the kiddo’s watch a movie) and use their computers and get it all printed off. I can ship mon-sat using my mail box though. I bought an over sized mail box and as long as I get something in there with the flag up by 9 am it goes out that day.

Ok enough of that…..

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! We love your stuff. Even though I don't need any diapers, we will probably hang around for tomorrow's stocking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things are going well for you Amanda.
    You've received the Sunshine Award from JoyfulRose! Visit my Blog and pass it on: http://joyfulroselinks.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger Design by JoyfulRose